Monday, March 15, 2010

I have never been so disappointed with a rehome of an animal as now...

Mimi's note: A pet is for life. You don't get it - give it back - get it back. My suspicion is that these animals are seen as property by both of the Gosselin's, no more and no less. If Kate was wanting her animals back in her life she would have wanted them NOW, not when the weather gets better. I am SO disappointed in the breeder and the trainer. These dogs are going to be so confused not only with their living situation but with what is expected of them and how to react to their environment. Just as I was beginning to feel that Kate wasn't a nut-case, she proved me wrong. 

What an ignorant thing for Kate Gosselin to say: "I realized if I had two difficult kids I wouldn't send them away and ask for new kids." So, when were these dogs difficult? When they were puppies? What an id*ot, Kate is!  Of all breeds, German Shepherd Dogs as puppies are dogs that NO one who is inexperienced with dogs should ever add to their home. The pups did what pups do and Kate did what she does - show her pea-sized brain.

If those dogs were in my possession and she asked for them back I'd slam the door right in her face or hang up the phone. I'm fuming...just fuming. And, I'm also feeling so, so sorry for these dogs. Life is confusing enough for human beings, let alone a dog that is tossed around like a hot potato. KATE, FOR A REALITY MOM YOU NEED TO GET REAL(Sorry about the rant but I became overwhelmed with this horrible news!)

Kate Gosselin to Bring Shoka & Nala Home

PeoplePets.com  A lot has changed for the Gosselin family in the past year: divorce, dating, drastic haircuts and, of course, Dancing with the Stars. But one constant is returning to the family's life — German shepherds Shoka and Nala are coming home soon.

"My kids' lives have been changed and compromised and altered enough over the past year," Kate Gosselin tells PEOPLE. "I realized if I had two difficult kids I wouldn't send them away and ask for new kids."

Dad Jon Gosselin returned the young pups to their trainer in September, at the height of his divorce drama with now-ex-wife Kate. At the time, Jon blamed the move on Kate, telling E! Online, "It's not fair to the dogs to not be wanted in their own home."

If that was the case, the reality mom has since changed her tune, telling PEOPLE, "I'd never quit on my kids, so why would I think I was going to quit on my dogs?" She adds that the pups will return to the family's Wernersville, Pa., home "once the weather warms up."

Jon came under fire last year for comments he made about the dogs, telling PEOPLE that the couple's eight kids would "climb on them, pull their tails, bite at them [and] drag them." He later clarified his statement, saying, "Shoka and Nala are loyal companions who we consider members of our family. We would never do anything to hurt them, and treat them with the respect and love that they deserve."
National Canine Cancer Foundation

16 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

They, truly are idiots....boneheads~
Why would anyone allow them to have dogs? They run off and leave the kids behind...what do you suppose they'll do with the dogs?
Sheesh~

KB said...

So many people are like this. It just plain depresses me. They cannot possibly really love the dogs and act this way.

nancyturtle said...

And will she send them away again when the weather gets cold next winter????

Asta said...

We'we in total agweement wif you..those poow doggies should nevew go back to those eejuts
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Backcountry Brodie said...

I only has one thing to say bout this. "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR."

♥I am Holly♥ said...

They do not deserve dogs in their life. I cannot stand people that treat animals like that. Give them away...now the weather is getting better..get them back. I'd slam the door in their faces if I had the dogs and they came after them.

Sheila and Bob said...

Well said, we could not have done better ourselves. AMEN to your post......

Hamish & Rescue Sophie

Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

As a vet tech, my experience and observations have taught me...that people who are irresponsible pet owners are also irresponsible parents, employees, partners. I feel sorry for the dogs and the whole family!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

It is really so sad when the "adult" humans don't realize how badly their stupid actions affect others, whether their human children or their canine ones.

So sad.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Just when we think we can't possibly see any more examples of how stupid humans....

'Nuf said...

No need to apologise for the rant -

These 'people' deserve it

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

A dog is for life and that life is way too short.

Lynn

Teddy Bear said...

Dumb dumbs for sure. Pups give too much love to be treated that way.

Love,
Teddy Bear

Life With Dogs said...

:(

I wish I didn't see this coming, but suspected it would happen.

Losers.

Golden Samantha said...

Uh... O.M.G. I don't know if I have anything legible to say. I don't watch any reality shows.. or barely any TV, but am totally disgusted with the stupidity of these idiots. Sorry.
Sammie's mom
PS: Thank you Mimi for again... helping us with the bloggerino!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

They are clueless and heartless when it comes to animals and probably kids too.
I don't have any faith in them.
They are too wrapped up in themselves,
love
tweedles

Erin said...

Never watched their show and glad I never wasted a minute doing so. Very sad situation for two beautiful Shepherds. Assuming they are kept outdoors mainly if she's waiting for the weather to warm up first before getting them back. GSD's love being part of the family and are great family dogs when trained correctly from a pup. These two deserve a home where they will be true family members and not just pets for display.