This week Confucius Cat is asking all of us kitties to collectively purr to end puppy mills. We are also adding that we should purr to end cattery's who have no business being in business if they don't take their responsibility to take care of their animals honestly and consistently.
We really had to hold our momma back this week because we didn't want our bloggy to become R rated for momma going on a RAMPAGE against puppy mills. You see, our momma has done rescue for about 25 years so she's seen more than most, and much more than she'll ever want to see again. There is nothing lovely or loving or humane or beneficial in a puppy mill. Dogs live their entire lives in little cages and are treated worse than cattle because generally there are no inspections of the animal management from the state or the department of agriculture - until it's too late for a lot of the dogs that have been living in horror since the time they were born.
OUR SHELTERS ARE FULL OF LOVING PERFECT AND SWEET PETS that want to come home with you. They will love you and be loyal and you will be saving a life. Each and every time anyone buys from a backyard breeder or a puppy-mill or a cattery you are perpetuating the miserable lives of all those who are left behind. We MUST stop making these places profitable and we must also SPEAK UP when we notice that laws are broken with respect to animal cruelty. It's just the right thing to do. People who abuse animals, and there are many ways to abuse animals, will abuse children, the elderly and the impaired. It's not up to someone else. IT IS UP TO YOU.
- Week thirteen’s appointed time is Sunday, September 6, 2009.
- Participants should purr for three minutes commencing at 3 p.m. EDT (U.S.) which is 8:00 p.m. (20:00 hrs.) BST in the U.K.
- The cat’s human staff should assist their cats with the project by stroking and nuzzling the cat at the appointed time.
- Please post your cat name and the country you purr in at www.confuciuscat.blogspot.com as a COMMENT if you are participating in this historic project. (posting a link to your own website-if you have one-is encouraged.) Or let me know by message on twitter or facebook.
- Posting purrs on facebook ( Acolytes of Confucius Cat or as friend to Alley Mason) and twitter (@ConfuciusCat) is encouraged, since it inspires purring in others, but not required. On twitter please use #purrs4peace in your tweets.