Friday, July 10, 2009

Rub-a-dub-dub one dog and 2 little boys in a tub!

I have some of the best grandchildren ever! Just ask them to come for a sleep-over and to bring their swim trunks and they know that it will be Saturday night bath time for at least one of the dogs.
Joe and Ben are so patient and so kind and so gentle and so loving with animals, all animals, but with theirs and mine...well, they are amazing!

Poor Freyja, she just loves all of the attention, not to mention snacks, that the boys give to her over a weekend visit but she's never all that thrilled when we lure her up to one of the bathrooms in the house and close the door! She knows what's gonna happen and, bless her, she just "takes what's coming" with such patience and grace.

Once Freyja is all lathered up it's my job to shower her off to make sure all of the soap is out of her thick coat. The boys run hands through her fur during the process to make sure that their Mimi has done a good job.

Joe and Ben are always so amazed at the amount of hair they get on their hands, arms, legs - heck, you name it and there's dog hair on it! A good bath is the best way I know of to kill three birds with one stone. My dog gets clean, the boys get clean and Freyja's shedding is brought down to a slow roar
The aftermath and remnants of a fun Saturday afternoon at Mimi's house!

19 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

:=)


Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Team 4 Dawg Flite said...

What a good job the boys did! Maybe they should start a dog washing business! That's one thing I like about having labs. They don't need baths.

Dexter said...

Who knew grandchildren could be so helpful? Momma and Master say we might have some one day, but not yet. Right now, just granddogs which do not do anything useful when they come over.

Slobbers,
Mango

Pipa said...

WOW, such helpful boys! :)

That's almost a spa for Freyja! :)

I don't really like baths either... I prefer to swim in the ocean! :)


Love


Pipa

The Musketeers said...

Wow ! Looks like a very spa like bathe. BOL !

Astrid Keel said...

Wow that's a lot of fur!

juliaD said...

Hi Mimi,
Thanks for the lovely comment, and a H.P.S. to yout too...!11..
I dont know which of your blogs to reply to, so i chose this one, and it was just right ( as the third bear said)...as I realise I was trying to reconcile my work and my art, as I just want to do both at the same time, and then I thought, that I should think about my work as (Loving for a living), because that is what I do with my client work(counselling & hypnosis) and my art...thank you for giving me something to think about ...xx

LV said...

Your post is wonderful. As you know there is nothing more precious than a grandchild. Unless, it is a great grandson, which is the love of my life. Your comment and visit was welcomed.

T said...

Ah, they need to come to my house for a visit. They can help with my four! They all love baths!

Great photos!

Thor and Jack said...

Your doggies have such a wonderful home.It looked like the boys were so gentle and kind with Freyja. Your photos are lovely and this post is very sweet. I love your blog!
xoxo,
Thor

Anonymous said...

Love photo and sheps..

Tracey said...

Your grandsons look like the BEST dog washers!
Tracey :)

Teddy Westlife said...

Poor Freyja. I can't believe she had to have a bath. That totally sucks. I hope she got some ham as a reward!

Huffle Mawson

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Freyja, you poor thing! We felt bad for you. We don't like baths.

Hugs,
Sam & June

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Nice to have such helpful hands - they are great to do that for you.

Woo, the OP Pack

Farley said...

You are so lucky to have such sweet and helpful grandsons! Freyja looks adorable standing there so patiently.

Najia said...

Wow, Freyja is one lucky pupper to have handsome Joe & Ben for professional bath services!

When we remodeled our house we put in an 8'X4' walk-in shower, and one of the biggest reasons why we did so was because of our dogs. But do you think they want to go in there with us? Nooooo. Milo is terrified!

So, we still go to Noah's Ark Dog Wash. Maybe I should find my very own Joe & Bens! :-)

Augie and Ti's mom said...

Hey, do you lend them out?? :)

Honey said...

Oh boy! Bath time!
Joe and Ben did a great job! And Freyja seemed pretty patient.

Will visit again soon!

Hugs, and snaggle tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose