Monday, September 5, 2011

Would you take away this dog's life? Is it worthless? I DARE you to tell me he isn't happy.

Watch this video and when you are done I dare you to tell me that this dog isn't happy or that his life is worthless or that he shouldn't have been allowed to live. I challenge you to tell me that you would stand by and allow someone to take his life.



I have lived with a blind dog. Prince knew my home better than most sighted guests and maeuvered in my fenced yard perfectly without hitting the fence or appearing to be handicapped. He went for walks. He counter surfed. He made many, many friends wherever he went. If I ever have the opportunity again to adopt a blind animal I will do it without hesitation. Not because I feel sorry for them or because I want to be seen as benevolent but because I am better for it and they have so very much to share with me and to teach me about life and living in the moment.
Adoption is the ONLY option!

It is with much sadness that we must report sweet Kona has passed away and has completed his Circle of Life. You may pay your respects by going here
It is never good-bye. It is always, see you later.

7 comments:

Angus said...

Last night we had someone ask why we din't put Wilf down . As if blindness stops happiness !

Jake of Florida said...

We've been following Wilf and have learned ao much from his ability to be a happy dog, despite the blindness.So you are absolutely right in what you say!

Joan

Sheila and Bob said...

Excellent post, so very true.
We are all saddened by Kona making his trip to the Bridge.
Rescues Rock !!!


Shelia, Bob
Hamish & Rescue Sophie

Unknown said...

I previously had "met" Riddle via the cartoon done of him by Draw the Dog.com. I have posted both the cartoon and his video to Silverwalk Hounds facebook page. Angus is so right - blindness may be in impediment but adaptation happens and then comes joy; Riddle has never known sight and, initially, only those w/o sight for the dog he is. We have a blind and deaf dog in training - he is a star. Rock on , Riddle!
And prayers for Kona's family - thank you for sharing him with us; we were able to send them a note. Godspeed, Kona.

Two French Bulldogs said...

He sure is happee alright
Benny & Lily

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Riddles heart is happy.'
I can see it as he run,, free as the wind.
He knows love, and joy.
And I know in my heart that Riddle loves life.
Riddle deserves to live just as much as everyone.

My heart feels sad for Kona's family,, I will go visit.
love
tweedles

Dog By Nature said...

Thanks again for your support. We truly believe rescue is the way to go and will adopt again when the time is right. We've known blind dogs and they don't know they have a so-called handicap...they do agility and all sorts of activities.