What Can an Adopted Dog Bring to Your Life?There are as many responses to that question as there are dogs in this world! That’s why -- during American Humane Association’s Adopt-A-Dog Month celebration in October -- we’re encouraging people to adopt a shelter dog and experience the joy of finding their own answers.
- an exercise buddy?
- a best friend and confidant for your child?
- a dog you can train with to learn animal-assisted therapy?
- a partner in agility competitions?
- a constant companion for your favorite senior citizen?
- a fuzzy face to greet you after a hard day at work?
Mimi's note: I can't imagine a better way to spend the upcoming holidays than by sharing your time with your new adopted pet. Why not go to your local shelter today and give a homeless dog or cat a home for the holidays?